Sunday 29 April 2012

Portrait lighting - test.

Today was helpful. I didn't have any of my planned subjects to photograph in the studio and neither did Michael or Dru, so we decided to pair up and test our own lighting setups in readiness for when our subjects can make it in.


I was trailing the lighting for Alex's editorial portrait - as seen in a previous post on this blog of a bodybuilder sitting on the end of a weight bench looking at the camera. I chose not to ask Dru to remove his shot so i could observe how the light was casting over his muscles because he said he was having a "fat-day" haha jokes mate. On a serious note though, this is definitely something i will have to observe when photographing Alex.




Anyway, here are some of my photographs from today:






D.




Not a bad shot of me little mate Dru Maasepp.


My attempt at setting the lights to
highlight what will be Alex's huge
bicep muscles.

Some funky light rays reflecting off a mirror in the studio.

Dru getting into his camera angles.

Dru photographing Michael having a nap on the floor.
Almost looks like he is holding a red light-saber :)

Michael noticing Dru photographing him and looks as if
he wants to stab him with his red light-saber :) 

1 comment:

  1. haha i think more of a skinny weedy day ;) Great shots of Alex as well mate top work.

    ReplyDelete